Let Your Light So Shine

Hey yall! Man I am way jealous yall got to go to San Diego. That looked so much fun! I am glad you guys all got to have a ton of fun. Thats also crazy that school is starting again. Seems like summer just started haha. 

So this week we had a pretty great week. We ended up going to Copenhagen for a mission wide conference with Elder Dyches. BUT the day before we went about half way and got to go on splits in Odense!! Woot Woot! It was so much fun being back in the old area again. I got to see a ton of members again as well as several investigators that I taught. We also got to meet with an investigator named Irene. Me and my companion Elder Howland knocked into her about 4 months ago and started teaching her and she ended up getting baptized on Saturday!! So it was just way fun to meet with her just days before her baptism and talk to her especially because I didnt get to go to the baptism on Saturday. The conference also went really well the next day and I really learned a lot. Plus, its just the bomb to get to hang out with all the homies from the mission. 

Then on Friday we were back in F-havn just doing our normal stop bys and such. We were riding our bikes to a little town just outside of the city when we happened to come across an old early 1700s manor house. We decided to go check it out and when we got up to it the front door was wide open! So naturally we walked in and took a little tour but it didnt take long to realize that this place was pretty sketch. People were difinitely living in it. So after making this realization we armed ourselves with large sticks and started breaching like every corner. We got like half way through the house (which was very interesting to see as well) when we walked up to the upstairs, peered up and saw a hobo lying in a hamoc!! It scared the ish out of us so we decided to just take off. :)

Despite the encounter with the hobo, I was able to settle down and reflect about a nice little scripture I read in Matthew 5:14-16: 

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, tat they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven."

I was thinking about how I could better let my own light shine for others. Of course there is doing what this scripture says and being an example, but I was thinking about how I could go about being more proactive but without looking like a tool. I decided that the best way was to just BE MYSELF. The same person around everyone. The past few months I have been working on talking to people not because I wanted their referrals or eating appointments or something out of it but because I genuinely care about them and want to be their friend. I have seen the most success with this by showing my personality and being myself around everyone all the time. This quote that I found has kinda been my motto the last few months and is always sitting on my desk:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Im gonna wrap this up cuz this is taking for days to write. I guess to sum up my goals for the last little bit it has been trying to overcome fears, being myself, and living up to my full potential. 

Love you guys tons! I hope you have a great week especially starting school today! 
Meget kærlighed,
Ældste Pike