The Small Things Matter Most‏

Hey yall! I am so glad to hear that things have been going good and that the first week of school was a success! I hope Cam and Lindsey have an amazing year of school this year! 

This week was just the bomb! Like seriously I have just been trying to soak up every second I have to be here in Denmark as a missionary. I have just been loving it here and loving the people so much! 

This week we got to go to Copenhagen again this time for Elder Gardners 1 month in the land meeting. It was way great! We got to go to the temple again which was awesome. It was just great to see so many missionaries again in Copenhagen because this transfer was just a huge transfer with a lot of changes and a lot of friends going home so it was good to see a lot of them while we were there. 

On Friday we got to bike like an hour out to this little town called Sæby to meet with some members and stop by some people out there. But then as soon as we were leaving my companion got a flat tire so we had to call the senior missionaries and have them pick us up. We had to take the bikes literally apart to get them and us to cram into this dinky little European car. Good times though. 

Probably the highlight of the week though was getting to go to this youth activity up here in Frederikshavn where tons of youth from all over the stake (Especially Aalborg and Odense) were there and we all just played beach volleyball with them. It was so much fun to be able to see so many members from my past areas. Such a blast! 

Yesterday I had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting so I thought Id just share a bit from that. Basically I talked about the small things in life and how they actually make the biggest difference. It is usually the small things from our childhood and things like that that we remember the most and take with us. The same goes with the small day to day decisions and things we do every day that really effect where we are going. There is this article actually that I thought was really good about making small 1% improvements in everything we do. This is the article: http://jamesclear.com/marginal-gains. Basically I started applying this to my life and started making little goals to try to improve and work more towards my bigger goals and where I wanted to go. Basically the moral of the story is that we dont need to bite off more than we can chew or try to make huge changes all at once. By making small 1% changes in everything we do, we can have huge improvements in reaching our goals, improving our attitudes and becoming better disciples of Jesus Christ and essentially become champions in our lives.

Love you guys a ton and I hope yall have another great week!
Meget kærlighed,
Ældste Pike